In the present time it is essential to keep the social distancing due to the pandemic COVID-19. This situation has no impact on translations or even the certified translations which may be provided in an electronic form keeping all legislation requirements.
I belong among certified translators who actively use the qualified electronic signature (QES) at their work.
The electronic certified translation signed by QES of the translator is fully equivalent to the original of the certified translation in a paper form with which the client usually deals (just like any other official document, such as a judgement, payment assessment for tax, extract from the Commercial Register).
In case of need, the conversion of the electronic certified translation into the official paper form can be made by:
- the translator herself/himself or
- any notary public
for the client anywhere within the Slovak Republic.
Also the payment for the translation will take place as a cashless transfer due to which the need of personal contact between the client and the translator is fully eliminated up to 100 %.
How to proceed:
- The client sends his/her order to the translator by an e-mail including attachments determined for translation which may be in the form of a word document, a single scan or as an official document (e.g. in ZEP, ASICE form).
- The translator makes the translation, binds it in a standard form, scans it, and signs it in this form by QES.
- The translator sends the deed signed by QES to the client through an e-mail together with the statement of costs and consideration.
- The client makes the payment for the translation through a cashless transfer to the bank account of the translator.
If the client prefers a paper form of the certified translation:
- The client sends his/her order to the translator by an e-mail including attachments determined for translation.
- The translator makes the translation, binds it in a standard form, and signs it by hand in a paper form.
- The client picks up the translation together with the statement of costs and consideration or askes for the delivery through a registered post with cash on delivery.
- The client makes the payment for the translation through a cashless transfer to the bank account of the translator or pays cash on delivery (by a credit card).
Preparation of the electronic translation does not require any additional costs in comparison to its paper form, so the price remains the same. On the contrary, the advantage of the electronic translation is a trouble free delivery to the client anywhere where the client has access to the internet, so the client can work with it immediately.
In case of interest feel free to contact me.